Nature of Business
About Koh Brothers Group Limited
Listed on SGX Mainboard in August 1994, Koh Brothers Group is a well-established construction, property development and specialist engineering solutions provider, which was started as a sole proprietorship in 1966 by Mr Koh Tiat Meng. Today, the Group has more than 40 subsidiaries, joint venture companies and associated companies spread over Singapore, PRC, Indonesia and Malaysia.
Over the years, the Group has undertaken numerous construction and infrastructure projects with its A1 grading by the Building and Construction Authority ("BCA"). It is currently the highest grade for contractors' registration in this category, and allows the Group to tender for public sector construction projects of unlimited value. In addition, the Group has developed a name for itself as a niche real estate developer, with an established reputation for quality and innovation.
Koh Brothers Group's diversified businesses present them with multiple revenue streams from three core areas:
- Construction and Building Materials;
- Real Estate; and
- Leisure & Hospitality.
Construction and Building Materials
This division leads in providing a complete and diverse range of infrastructure project management, products services and solutions for the construction industry.
One of its major projects is the iconic Marina Barrage, which was successfully completed in October 2008. In November 2010, the Group announced it was awarded PUB's Geylang River Makeover Project worth S$37.8 million. Most recently in March 2011, Koh Brothers announced the award of a new contract worth S$63.2 million from Phileap Pte Ltd, for the construction of Lincoln Suites - a luxurious condominium project at Khiang Guan Avenue, off Newton Road, in District 11.
Ongoing projects include the Downtown Line 1 Bugis Station, Punggol Waterway Parts One and Two, the Common Service Tunnel at the Business Financial Centre, and public housing at Choa Chu Kang.
The Building Materials division provides total ready-mix concrete solutions to the construction industry. The supply chain includes cement, ready-mix concrete, equipment rental and various types of products such as pre-cast elements and interlocking concrete blocks.
The Group's Real Estate division provides quality property developments with specialised themes at choice locations. Koh Brothers Development Pte Ltd ("KBD"), established in 1993, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Koh Brothers Group, is our flagship company for the Group's Real Estate division.
KBD is noted for its 'lifestyle-and-theme' developments. For example, its Starville project was the first to introduce a stargazing observatory, complete with an astronomy theme. Launched in June 2003, this project is a joint venture between KBD and AIG Lengkong Investment Limited, a member of American International Group Inc. Earlier projects include The Montana, in which KBD became the first developer to introduce state-of-the-art home automation features, broadband cable and an infinity pool. The Montana, launched in November 1999, is a 108-unit luxury freehold apartment located off River Valley Road. In October 2006, it also launched its four-units-only luxurious, freehold bungalow project, "Bungalows @ Caldecott", uniquely designed with a number of firsts in Singapore such as bathrooms studded with Swarovski wall crystals, Avant-Garde sanitary fittings incorporating luxury brand names like Visentin, and a specially-designed Water Conservation System.
In April 2006, it announced the acquisition of Hilton Tower, located in the prime freehold Leonie Hill area, for S$79.2 million together with Heeton Land Pte Ltd. It is now the site for the premium condominium, The Lumos.
In June 2007, Koh Brothers Group Limited, Heeton Holdings Ltd, KSH Holdings Limited and Lian Beng Group Ltd formed a consortium with equal shares each and were successfully awarded the prime Lincoln Lodge site at 1/3 Khiang Guan Avenue, off Newton Road in District 11. The site has been redeveloped to the luxurious condominium project, Lincoln Suites, which features sky-high elevated gyms, wireless multi - room music systems and thematic communal dining facilities. Lincoln Suites was launched in October 2009.
Fiorenza, another prized freehold development by KBD, was launched in April 2009. Inspired by the passionate Italian culture with its bold artistic tastes, unrestrained luxury and a free-spirited lifestyle, this Avant-Garde development, located at Florence Road, is expected to receive its TOP by December 2012.
Other completed projects include:
- The highly successful Sun Plaza, located next to Sembawang MRT station, which introduced a sunflower theme. The residential block in Sun Plaza has been fully sold and the retail mall is currently held as an investment with high occupancy.
- The Capri, an 18-unit residential development, is situated along the prime Stevens Road; and
- The Sierra, an 18-storey residential development comprising 60 units located in the established and popular enclave of Mount Sinai.
Leisure & Hospitality
This division provides 'no-frills' hospitality services through its Oxford Hotel brand name with more than 130 hotel rooms.
• SS ISO 14001:2015/OHSAS 18001:2007/SS ISO 9001:2015
• CIDB Best Buildable Design Awards 1994 (Civil Engineering)
- Reconstruction of Geylang River
• CIDB Awards for Construction Excellence 1995 (Civil Engineering)
- Reconstruction of Geylang River
• 2 BCA Awards for Construction Excellence 2000 (Civil Engineering)
- Construction of Holland Road/Farrer Road/Queensway Interchange
• Singapore 1000 Company - 2000 & 2001 (Ranking Body & Publisher)
• BCA - Design & Engineering Safety Excellence Award 2010 for Marina Barrage - Merit Award (Civil Engineering Category)
• BCA - Construction Excellence Award Civil Engineering Projects (2011)
• BCA - Green And Gracious Builder Award - Merit - (2011)